December 18, 2012

Day 18 of My Papercrafting World's 25 Days of Christmas

Welcome to Day 18 of My Papercrafting World's 25 Days of Christmas.  Follow the link HERE to join in all the fun and enter to win some awesome prizes.

Today's theme is Thanksgiving.




This is a gratitude journal that uses today's free digital image.  Follow the link above to get it today only!  I drew lines using PrismaColor pencils in various browns (one light, one med, and one dark-I used light the most) and then followed over with straight lines using odorless mineral spirits to make the wood grain texture.    The more odorless mineral spirits you add, the more blended it becomes, so use sparingly and make sure to streak in a straight(ish) line.  Let me know if you'd like a tutorial.


It's been nice to have a journal to reflect in.  It's helped me stay positive this holiday season.  Thanks for dropping in.  I'd love to see how you use this sweet digi.


2 comments:

  1. Great idea...love your papers! I need to make me some kind of positive daily reminder...it's been a rough year!!

    ReplyDelete