October 28, 2012

Hop Art Design Cards

**disclaimer-I am in no way endorsed by Hambo Stamps.  All opinions are strictly my own.**

Never fear blogger friends.  I made some cards along with my scrapbook pages.  If you haven't heard yet, Hambo Stamps are having an awesome sale-get the info HERE.  At the same time, they are retiring the Hop Art Designs collection. :-(  All sales of Hop Art Designs digis benefit OWH.  (Plus they are stinking cute.)  You have until Oct. 31 to buy these images.

If you follow my blog, you know that I love the Hambo Hoedown.  You also know that my go-to stamp for any Hoedown project is "Clare and Danny" from Hop Art Designs.  (I just realized that I'm going to need a new go-to stamp for the Hoedown.  Sad day!)  As soon as I heard that Hop Art Designs was retiring, I went straight to Hambo's site to order two other images that I just love-"Bella Ballerina" and "Josephine's Puppy."

The Hoedown theme this week is hexagons.  I couldn't choose, so I used both new images.  The hexagon border is a free digi from Julie Makes Cards.

First up, "Bella Ballerina":


I tried out the Prismacolor + odorless Mineral Spirits technique.  This is my 2nd time trying this technique out.  (No, you can not see my 1st try...)  What do you think?  This technique gives the coloring a watercolor look to it.  I haven't been able to get any good highlights blended in yet.  Any suggestions?

Just for curiosity, I chose not to use the technique on the second card.  I still used Prismas and blended with blending sticks, but no Odorless Mineral Spirits.  This card uses the image "Josephine's Puppy."


Which one do you prefer?  I like Josephine's hair, but Bella's dress.

Linking up:
Hambo Hoedown-Hexagons

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! Kaylee, I love both your cards for different reasons, I am sure the recipients will love them too, you have done the Hop Art Design images proud. thank you so much for sharing your work and joining in the hambo hoedown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolute enjoyed for this blog. Its an advisory topic. It admonition me absolute abundant to break some problems. Its befalling are so absurd and alive actualization so speedy. I anticipate it may be admonition all of you.\
    Gebelik

    ReplyDelete