April 15, 2012

I'm Back

I'm back after a 9 month hiatus. Sorry to disappear for so long. Being a first year teacher means that everything else in life takes a back seat for the duration of the school year. It's been super stressful, which has made me realize that not everything should take a back seat to teaching. I need my cards to keep my sanity.

Here's some of the cards that I made throughout the year:

This is an autumn/Thanksgiving card. It uses paper and embellishments from Autumn Leaves.


This fun card uses Provo Craft paper and a stamp that I got from Michael's dollar section (Best part of Michael's is their dollar stamps!).


This card is inspired by THIS BLOG HOP. I used We R paper and stamps from Stampologies.


Here's a few more. I cut the felt on the Christmas card using a Sizzix machine. I haven't dared cut anything but paper using my Cricut. Have any of you?


Finally, here are the Christmas cards that I mailed to friends this year. No cards for heroes though :-( because the paper was glittered. I think I'll make a variation of this card without glitter for OWH. You can find the tutorial for that awesome dimensional tree (along with a second awesome Christmas tree) HERE.



Well that's all I've got for now. I'm way behind on getting 104 cards finished within the year. But that's okay if I don't make that goal. Every card donated counts and one is better than none.

So tell me crafters, how do you find the time to craft? Any tips for a stressed out teacher? Any card ideas to share? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment